Ribble Hybrid ALe
2020 is set to be the year of the electric bike and the is a massive buzz going round about the impact on commuter cycling. What do you consider to be a long way to ride a bike? 10 miles maybe to far for work but not anymore. The new technology in EAPC bikes has extended the range and ride ability of all e bikes.
Ribble have been making some worlds lightest e bikes for a while and they are definitely gearing up for a future of electric bikes. The government in the UK is looking for green alternatives to travel and the e bike looks like it may be the answer. Not only are these bikes great for commuting to work but, they are also great at getting people back in the saddle who would otherwise not be able to ride.
GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION
The Hybrid AL e is a superb all-rounder, a combination of the best features of an MTB and a road bike it offers exceptional versatility. Whether for your weekend adventure, spontaneous evening ride or commute you have a bike that is comfortable, versatile and above all fun to ride.
- SRAM NX Urban 1 x 11 Speed
- Shifters – NX Trigger Shifter 11 Speed
- Brakes – Rever Attack-R Hydraulic Disc
- Chainset – SRAM S350 GXP 42T.
- Bottom Bracket – SRAM GXP Team BB86.
- Cassette – SRAM PG-1130 11-42T.
- Chain – SRAM PC1130 with Powerlock.
- Rotors – Tektro Lyra 6-Bolt 160mm.
- Rear Derailleur – SRAM NX Long Cage.
- WheelsetWheels – Mavic Aksium Elite Evo UST EBM.
- Tyres – Schwalbe Marathon Rigid 700x35c, Bk/Reflex.
- Frame – 6061 T6 Heat Treated Aluminium.
- Forks – Full Carbon Fibre Monocoque.
- Finishing KitBars – Level Urban Alloy 640mm, Black.
- Stem – Level Gravel Alloy, Black.Grips – Level Classic Grips , Brown.
- Seatpost – Level 1 Alloy 27.2mm, 350mm, Black.
- Saddle – Ribble Classic, Brown.
- Motor – Ebikemotion X35 Smart System 36V / 250W.
- Pedals – Wellgo MTB pedals Plastic, Black.
Ribble have applied a great spec list to this bike. They are using one of their custom frames in a lovely copper colour with a carbon Monocoque fork which will really keep the weight down. I love that they have gone for the very robust SRAM NX Urban 11 speed which is a great tried and tested technology from a quality product line. The rear cassette has an excellent gear ratio with the big 42 tooth cog helping out on those troublesome hills.
Ribble have also opted for the Ebikemotion X35 Smart System Motor which is a hub based motor and does not affect the frame geometry in the way a mid motor does. This should give a more natural cycling experience as the group set is a traditional style rather than directly attached to the motor.
If you are looking for a high quality reliable bike from a great manufacturer then look at this machine.
This Post may contain Affiliate LinksDISCLOSURE