Choosing an E MTB can be a bit confusing as the pricing can be all over the place and it is normally very hard to find a good specification e mountain bike that has full suspension for less than around 3K. Sure there are plenty of good hardtails in this price bracket but normally the full suspension bikes cut a lot of corners at this price. The Vitus E-Escarpe Full Suspension E Mountain Bike is a little different as Vitus have managed a good package in to this price bracket.
Vitus have been making top quality MTB for years and they are now trying to take the E MTB market by storm.GET IT HERE
Chain Reactions who alongside mother company Wiggle are the main stockists for Vitus bikes currently have this bike on offer for £2719.99 down from £3199.99 (24/03/2020). If you are looking in this price region for a full suspension E Mountain Bike then this is definitely worth a serious consideration.
There are a few things that draw my attention to this bike and I will point out some key elements for you. On top of this Vitus have also gone for a popular 29″ front wheel and a 27.5″ rear. This is becoming a popular set up out on the trails as riders love the balance of speed and control. This also adds to the slack geometry of the bike making it a more capable trail shredder.
To start off with the Key Features we will point out the forks.
Vitus have elected to go for a stronger E MTB specific fork with the Marzoochi Bomber Z2 with 140mm of travel This is plenty of fork to soak up the punishment that you give it on the trail. Normally at this price range you will find a lower level fork and this is a major money saving area
Vitus have again gone for quality by using the RockShox Deluxe SELECT R, this is another great unit from RockShox and it is great for hitting the trails.
Rather than selecting the lower end Altus which a lot of low end E MTB manufacturers are using, Vitus have gone with the very popular, compact and reliable Deore M6000 Shadow Plus. These gears are very smooth and they are set in a 1×10 configuration. This has been tied in well with the Sunrace 11-46T Freewheel. The 11 tooth to 46 teeth will give you a wide ratio of gears and help from the large 46T cog will definitely boost you in hill climbs.
The bike is also carrying the Brand X Ascend dropper. This has been a hugely popular upgrade to many mountain bikes and the brand x post with remote control has always been able to draw good reviews.
Here Vitus have chosen to go with a tried and tested Shimano E7000 motor. This is a nice, reliable, powerful and compact motor from one of the worlds leading names in bike technology.
Have a read through the complete specification and you will see some big names with proven track records.
- Frame: eEscarpe 29″/27.5″ 140mm travel full suspension eMTB frame, Boost, 6061 Alloy, Shimano STEPS compatible
- Fork: Marzocchi Bomber Z2 29″ eBIKE+ 140mm, 205×57.5mm Debonair, 3.5 Tokens, LM Tune, Trunnion, 22mm x 8mm
- Rear Shock: RockShox Deluxe SELECT R, Boost 15mm x 110mm, Kabolt axle, 44mm offset, tapered, Rail damper
- Headset: ACROS, ZS 44mm/56mm
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Neutron, 25mm Rise, Width – S-760mm, M-780mm, L-800mm, XL-800mm, 31.8mm bar diameter
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron, 47mm/52mm, 50mm, 31.8mm bar diameter, 3deg rise, stack 45mm
- Grip: Vitus, Tapered, single alloy clamp, sticky rubber
- Rims: Front: WTB ST i30, TCS 2.0, 29″, 30mm inner diameter, 32-hole, Pinned Joint; Rear: WTB ST i35, TCS 2.0, 27.5″, 35mm inner diameter, 32-hole, Pinned Joint
- Hubs: Front: Vitus DHF112, Boost 15x110mm, Double Sealed Bearings, 32H, 6-Bolt; Rear: Vitus M5ER, Boost 12x148mm, double sealed bearings, 32H, Shimano 11-speed driver body, 6-Bolt
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai, 29″x2.5″WT, 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR; Rear: MAXXIS Minnion DHR2, 27.5″x2.8″, 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Spokes: WTB
- Chain: KMC e10T EPT Anti-Rust (Turbo High Durability)
- Crankset: Shimano E8000 34T 165mm, Chain Line 53mm
- Brakes: Shimano MT501, Resin Pad (without Fin), 203mm 6-Bolt Rotor SM-RT66
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore 10-Speed, RD-M6000, GS 10-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Shifter: Shimano Deore 10-Speed, SL-M6000-IR, 10-Speed Rapidfire, I-Spec II
- Freewheel: SunRace 11-46T, CSMS2 10spd 11-46T ED-BLACK
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend, 31.6mm, left hand remote lever, S-100mm, M-125mm, L-150mm, XL-170mm
- Battery: Shimano E8010 500wh
- Battery Charger: Shimano EC-E6002-1
- Computer: Shimano E7000
- Drive Unit: Shimano E7000, 60Nm Torque, Drive Unit Cover SM-DUE70
- Weight: 22.55kg
- Certified – EN 15194 Compliant
This bike is capable of taking you to the top of the mountain and all the way back down with power and composure, this brilliant off-road bike opens the doors to new off-road adventures. This innovative E-MTB shares all the traits of Vitus’ award-winning Escarpe platform and is designed to let you ride faster and for longer. Kitted out with the reliable Shimano STEPS motor system, the E-Escarpe is ready to tear through the trails and take you to new heights.GET IT HERE
The E Escarpe offers a great all in one package and it is set up with some great industry leading products. Although the bike does not have all the latest cutting edge technology it does have a big bonus and that is value. You are getting a high quality E MTB platform with components that will not need swapping and it has full suspension. You would normally only get a good quality Hardtail around this price point. I appreciate that this bike is a lot of money at just of £2700 but it truly is a bargain for this money. To get a full suspension E MTB at this specification would normally cost you a lot more. Vitus is also seen in the industry as a quality manufacturer so you will be getting an E Mountain Bike that you can trust. Why don’t you follow the links to the chain reactions website and have a look for yourself?
This Post may contain Affiliate LinksDISCLOSURE