The feeling of wind rushing by as you dart in and out of the trees is amazing. Turn off the phone and forget the office, just get lost in the open space. GOYB Hopes to bring you the info you need on products a cycling ideas as they hit the market and get rolling. the country is out there waiting for you to discover it just Get On Your Bikes.
GOYB only provide honest product reviews and information that we feel is relevant or innovative within the Cycle industry in the UK. Products are either reviewed first hand or an opinion is given based on the specification level of the particular piece of equipment. Track reviews will either be from members of the GOYB team or from independent sources who have submitted information to GOYB via comment or email@example.com.
Information section will be based upon relevant information created from internet research of news channels and cycle industry research publications. If GOYB presents a sponsored article please be aware that we will state at the bottom of the article that it is sponsored content.
Please be aware that if you follow an advertising link on the GOYB website and make a purchase then GOYB will get a small commission which goes to the upkeep of the site and it’s research.
We have many years of cycling experience and maintenance and we feel that we are capable of bring you informed content that can be classed as a reliable point of view. This is not a big corporate website it is just an independent source of information.
If you would like an independent opinion before making a purchase then please feel free to ask and we will look at all available information.
So Why should you Cycle?
- Regular cyclists enjoy a fitness level equal to that of a person ten years younger. (Source: National Forum for Coronary Heart Disease Foundation, Sharp)
- Cycling at least twenty miles a week reduces the risk of heart disease to less than half that for non-cyclists who take no other exercise (Source: British Heart Foundation, Morris)
- If one third of all short car journeys were made by bike, national heart disease rates would fall by between 5 and 10 percent (Bikes not Fumes, CTC, 1992). Info from BikeBiz, with thanks.
- During rush-hour, a bicycle is about twice as fast as a car – good if you hate traffic jams!
- Bicycles require no road tax, no MOT, no insurance, no licensing, no breakdown recovery services, and above all no fuel bills.A good bicycle will last for years, if not decades. How long did your previous car last?
- A bicycle can be parked just about anywhere, so no more expensive car park bills.
- Twenty bicycles can be parked in the same space taken up by one car.
- To make a bicycle requires only a fraction of the materials and energy needed to make a car.
- Bicycles produce absolutely no pollution – they are a lot quieter too. When was the last time you saw a rusting, burnt-out bicycle?